Monday, January 18, 2010

When did you find the Love in your Heart?



When I watched this video, I cried. Again. When I watch the news, I cry. Again. When I turn on the television, I cry. Again.

I have been on a spiritual search for love and kindness in the world. Instead, I find sorrow, sadness, misfortune, despair, loss, and more. It hurts my heart to see all the terrible things that have been happening. Wars, earthquakes, tsunamis, fires, landslides. Always something happening, and always people crying.

I found love and kindness with my friends, but not with strangers. Who will help those others? I can try, but if I think on it too much, I become discouraged and fearful. Again. Then I stop trying. Again.

We cannot quit. We cannot leave these things happen. We cannot forget the other people in this world. We must do what we can, small or large, to make our world a better place.

They tell us there is enough food for all. Why do some have too much and others too little? They tell us that 3/4 of the world is covered with water. Why do some people have lots, enough for swimming pools, fountains and more. Why do others have no safe drinking water? no crops? no water to give their animals.?

We send our young men out to fight battles. Some are important in our eyes, some are not. They come home in body bags and coffins, but still we send them. Why do we do that?







Now, with such a disastrous earthquake that has hit Haiti, we send men, women, and aid. The supplies are not getting to where they need to go. What is the reason that some people, even in times of need, greedily keep the supplies to themselves, or try to sell them for profits? How much of the supplies that we are sending are getting through to where they are needed?

Find the Love in your heart to help without judging. Find it in your heart to help without saying what's in it for me. Find the love in your heart for all mankind to offer help and support without expectations.

I found the love in my heart when I saw the pictures of the Afghan war. With the sight of soldiers dying. I found the love in my heart when I saw the pictures of the devastation in Thailand after that terrible Tsunami in 2006. I found the love in my heart when I saw the crumbling houses and streets in Haiti last week.

We all have that love within us, but it is up to us all to choose to show and use it for the good of others. We should never be selfish. If al we can do is provide a few blankets, then do it. If all we can do is send food, send it. If all we have to offer is small change, offer it. Large or small, any help is appreciated by those who realy need it.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE is among the seven cardinal emotions of human being that emerges when our mind and heart syncronizes upon a stuff that claims concentration of both- mind and heart.

    You have explained the matter in very god way that made me ponder over

    ReplyDelete